Summer in FL is hot. I attribute this month’s high temperatures to the “dog days of summer,” which reminds me of two things: dogs and heat.
I’m not going to talk about either of them. Instead of heat, I’m thinking cool – very cool.
I found a great recipe for a cool drink that will chill down those dog days and help you enjoy the rest of the summer.
Drink: Green Tea Cooler
- 4 cups boiling water
- Six green tea bags
- 1 Tbsp. or more of honey ( to taste)
- 1 cup dry nonfat milk
- Ice cubes
- Four fresh lime (or lemon) wedges
What you do:
- Pour the hot water over the tea bags in a glass pitcher.
- Let them steep for about 10 minutes and then remove the tea bags. Add honey and cool.
- After two hours, add the dry milk and stir.
- Serve in an ice-filled glasses and garnish with citrus.
I like to add one extra dab of honey , but any way you serve them, these drinks remind me of a coffee shop iced tea. Delicious!