Throughout life, people hold onto catchphrases such as, “Things happen for a reason,” or, “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.” Perhaps Reverend Malkmus epitomizes these sayings as he indeed was triumphant over a horrible illness.
Over four decades ago, he was diagnosed with colon cancer. After changing his diet to consuming only plant-based fresh vegetables, fruit seeds and nuts, his health improved and his tumor vanished.
This miracle, combined with in-depth research about the standard American diet, created the inspiration for the Hallelujah Diet. This revolutionary way of eating activates the body’s natural healing powers.
CEO Ann Malkmus shared some important tips to remember for starting and remaining on track for this system:
- “Preparation is the key. Make sure there are plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits in your refrigerator so you have them available to use as your hunger dictates.”
- “Don’t eliminate – replace. There are many traditional foods that are truly unhealthy and people are addicted to them because of the large amounts of refined sugars, oils and chemicals.”
- “Get rid of the guilt; eating healthy is a journey, not a destination. Because we are addicted to foods that comprise the Standard American Diet, it is easy to fall back into old habits of fast foods and highly processed foods. Instead of feeling angry at ourselves, it is better to plan for next time to ensure that we aren’t hungry when going to the grocery store for instance.”
- “Keep hydrated. Most people who think they are hungry are really thirsty instead.”
Ann was gracious enough to share a sample recipe that would align with the Hallelujah Diet.
Morning Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
What you need:
- 8 oz. of water or unsweetened almond milk
- One large handful of spinach
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- Two frozen peeled bananas
What you do:
- Mix all in a powerful blender and enjoy!
Interested in starting the program? Begin slowly with replacing something in your diet without disrupting your daily schedule. After a full transformation, your ability to sleep, daily energy and other physical and mental benefits are likely to improve. Read more at www.myhdiet.com.